Saba, or mosto cotto. It is the product of the reduction of must into a dark brown coloured, thick syrup with sweet taste and a pleasant, vibrant smell.
- In marinades
- A a season for:
- Dishes with pulses
- As a dip for fried gnocchi
- As a dressing on salads and barbecued vegetables
- On cheese plates
- Topping on fruit salads, yoghurt and ice cream
- Uses in confectionnery:
- Must cookies
- Homemade sweets
- As a dip for the traditional sabadone sweets
- Baked quince
- In summer if it is thinned with water, can become an excellent refreshing drink or a sorbet for the children if we add crushed ice.