Candied lamb with Piri Piri & baked pumpkin
Category: Main Course
Ingredients for 2 portions:
- 200 gr. Gigot
- 100 gr. Pumpkin
- 100 gr. Couscous from garbanzo and red lentils
- 20 gr. Plums
- 50 gr. Spicemix del Mondo Ras El hanout
- 40 gr. Spicemix del Mondo piri piri
- 40 gr. Jamaican jerk
- 100 gr. Piri piri sauce
- 20 gr. Canola with butter flavor
- 60 gr. Semi-dried cherry tomatoes
- 4 onions of medium size
- 1 clove of garlic
- 30 ml olive oil
Preparation Time: 20 minutes & Execution Time: 10 minutes
- For the lamb
- Marinate the lamb with the spicemix rasel hanout, half of the onions and the garlic. Let it at the fridge for about 1.5 to 2 hours.
- Take it out, cut it into equal sticks and put it in a pan with the canola. Saute the lamb, until it gets a red colour, add the plums and reduce the heat by pouring red wine.
- Add the Piri piri sauce and then add salt, pepper and let the sauce become homogenous.
- Put the couscous in a bowl and add boiled water in order to cover it.
- Cover it with a shrink wrap and let it for 10 minutes.Then remove the shrink wrap and break it with a fork. Let it for another 10 minutes. Then, break it again and add salt, pepper and jamaican jerk.
- Cut the pumpkin into cubes of 2cm. Put it in a baking dish and add salt and pepper. Add a little bit of olive oil and put it in the oven in 180 degrees for five minutes.
Enjoy your meal…
Special credits to Casablanca Social Club for their hospitality.
Chef: George Mpalamotis
Head chef Casablanca Social Club
Motto: «Everyone can cook but only the fearless can be Great»