Foie gras, raspberry crispy rice & caramelized apples
Ingredients for 4 portions:
- 180 gr. Foie gras in slices
- 50 gr. Green apples
- 50 ml Canola oil with butter flavor
- 50 gr. Brown sugar
- 10 gr. Fleur de sel I.G.P.
- 20 gr. Mix forest fruits
- 20 ml Cognac
- 50 ml Gravy sauce
- 25 gr. Raisins
- 20 gr. Crispy rice flakes with raspberry
- 25 gr. Nutmeat
- 100 gr. Flour
- 80 gr. Butter
- 1 egg
Preparation time: 1 hour & Execution time: 15 minutes
- For the foie gras:
- In a non-stick pan use the 1/5 of the canola oil in order to brown off the foie gras slices from both sides.
- Put it in the oven in 185 degrees for 5 minutes.
- For the caramel fruits with the nuts:
- Heat up a pan.
- Once it is heated up, add the cleaned apples, the nuts and the rest of canola oil.
- Once they get dried, sprinkle with the brown sugar and mix them for 3 minutes.
- Reduce the heat by pouring the cognac.
- Add the gravy sauce and simmer for 6 to 7 minutes.
- For the cylinder of the pate brisee
- Bring the butter to room temperature.
- Blend the butter in a low speed and add the flour and the egg.
- Once they become a dough that can be easily removed from the blender, cover it with a plastic wrap and keep it at the fridge for half an hour.
- Put the dough in a non-stick paper, cut it in slices of 10 cm width and create a cylinder shape.
- Dab egg yolk and bake it for 10 minutes in 180 degrees.
- Once it is baked, "baptize" it in the mix forest fruits.
Enjoy your meal…
Special credits to the Kappa Resort Restaurant for their hospitality
Chef: George Kabakis
Motto: " Use good raw materials and the result will not disappoint you."